In 1889, a group of dissasisfied member of the Mt. Zion Second Baptist Church exercised their Baptist right to organize. These Christians met in the Rivers Hall of Marietta Street and organized themselves into the Beulah Baptist Church with 110 members.
Dr. W.L. Jones was founder and first pastor. Under his leadership the church’s first edifice was erected on the corner of Hunnicut and Williams Streets. During his ninteen years of servce, the physical and spiritual growth of the church was amazing.